Friday, April 3, 2009

TAMALES!!

Losin' It #9

Asking questions during a job interview is a sign of impertinence.

For about a year or so I lived in the "hood". I'm sure that there are far worse neighborhoods than the one in which I was living, but for explanation purposes it was poor, crime ridden, and had significant gang influences. I'm not going to go into detail about which gang, because that type of stuff isn't my business, but they labeled or "tagged" the neighborhood and every wall, fence, dumpster, tree, etc. I think it would be nice for gangs to get some nice professional signs made, maybe some nice sand blasted wood, to promote their influence and mark their territory, but that's just me...it would look better though. Okay back to the comic...In the complex that I lived in there was a lady that came around often selling tamales out of a baby stroller. It was just one of the many charming aspects of the place...

Little known fact: used stroller is the 'special ingredient' in 90% of door-to-door tamales.

2 comments:

  1. I wish the tamale lady would've showed on moving day, I feel shorted somehow for missing that colorfulness of your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But how can you be SURE buying food out of a stroller isn't good, if you never tried it?

    ReplyDelete